Certificate in Graphic Design
The term graphic design can refer to a number of artistic and professional disciplines which focus on visual communication and presentation. Various methods are used to create and combine symbols, images and/or words to create a visual representation of ideas and messages. A graphic designer may use typography, visual arts and page layout techniques to produce the final result. Graphic design often refers to both the process (designing) by which the communication is created and the products (designs) which are generated.
Common uses of graphic design include magazines, advertisements, product packaging and web design. For example, a product package might include a logo or other artwork, organized text and pure design elements such as shapes and color
which unify the piece.
Composition is one of the most important features of graphic design especially when using pre-existing materials or diverse elements. At bell Institute of Technology, you will be able to:
- Learn the process and art of combining text and graphics to communicate an effective message through the design of logos, graphics, brochures, newsletters, posters, signs and other types of visual communication.
- Receive extensive training in design, typography, composition, digital paint, and illustration techniques. Training includes knowledge of
pre-press production, photo manipulation and a comprehensive understanding of the overall business of a graphic design studio.
- Connect with prospective employers of Graphic Design professionals during the attachment period, during graphic design corporate visits,
when we schedule professional meets with our students.This program will prepare you for an entry-level position as a production artist, advertising designer, illustrator, layout artist, digital publisher or visual
Certificate Course Units
- Principles of Graphic Design
- Linear Design Using PageMaker
- Vector Design using Corel Draw
- Image Editing Techniques using Photoshop
- 2D Illustration using Illustrator CS
- Digital Photography & editing Techniques
- Macintosh OS (Using Macintosh Computers.)
Registration fee: 1000
Course cost: 18,000 (ie. 6000 per month)
Project fee: 3,000